IBM Connections Connector for Apache OpenOffice
|Calc, Impress, Writer|
|connector, files, Social, connections|
|Wednesday, 9 May, 2012 - 05:27|
|Week: 260 - Month: 1,017 - Year: 5,119 - Timeline|
A new version of IBM Connections connector is now available for download. It can help you to connect to IBM Connections server to access and manage your files and other resources, while you are working on OpenOffice. The innovative and popular feature of sidebar in Apache OpenOffice 4.0 is implemented to provide you with better experience and usability.
1. Supported status update feature which can show user's update information and allow user to perform some operations, such as repost, like or unlike, comment, etc, from connector.
2. Supported adding or removing comments for community owned file.
3. Fixed a tool tips issue that in some cases it shows text without line break.
4. Fixed an UI refresh issue.
5. Fixed a conversion issue for some html special characters.
6. Adjusted some UI elements on option panel.
1. No support for mouse wheel in status update panel.
2. RHEL 64bit with IBM JRE 1.7 is not supported.
2.1 updated on 20/11/2013
1. Supported upload new version for the files which were shared with me. A new entry on pop-up menu was added.
2. Disabled upload new version for IBM Docs file. Only suitable for the servers which have deployed IBM Docs.
3. Fixed the issue that password may be revoked by too many failed attempts when it has expired or changed from server side.
4. Supported to display up to 1000 communities.
5. Fixed the incorrect date and time shown on the 'Updated' column.
6. Fixed the issue that AOO crashed when open IBM Docs file in browser. Only happened on Mac OS.
7. Fixed the issue that open a community through pop menu is unresponsive.
8. Fixed the issue that some document format (e.g. MS office 2007 or .jpg) which cannot be saved directly will cause invalid upload.
9. Fixed the issue that file status may not synchronized among the opened documents.
10. Fixed the issue that new a drawing/html file and upload, the file is created but the extension is incorrect.
11. Fixed the issue that upload button may became unresponsive when the document is opened in anther window.
2.0.1 updated on 29/08/2013
1. Modified some inaccurate words on extension descriptions, for example, JRE 1.6 (or higher) is required.
2. Fixed the issue that incorrect status update that is not posted by the user might be shown .
3. Fixed the issue that status update will be posted twice by clicking Post.
4. Improved the experience that lost focus from status update will not trigger the real posting.
5. Fixed the issue that get or post status update may not work under Chinese locale. It might even cause login fail if it is the first time to login after installation.
6. Fixed the issue that UI looks like "hang" when switching to different views or folders in the extension or doing searching. A progress indicator is added.
7. Fixed the issue that the text deleted by Backspace keeps shown in RHEL.
8. Performance improvement for switching tabs during a time consuming action, for example, upload or download.
2.0 updated on 19/08/2013
This release is updated for Apache OpenOffice 4.0. The new UI is fully integrated with the new feature of sidebar, and it makes better use of today's widescreen and can let you access your files more easily.
This release focuses on connection with Files of IBM Connections. Other services, for example, status update, will be supported in next release.
Windows, Mac and Linux are all supported.
- Support more server configurations, not only w3-connections.
- New folder can be created when there is no existing folders.
- Only support OpenOffice 3.0 - 3.4. Add version check during installation.
- Only support Windows. Add platform check during installation.
- JAVA 1.6+ 32bit JRE are required.
- Provides a brand new UI for Files, which lets you to connect IBM Connections Files with simple clicks when you work in Apach OpenOffice window.
- Support core Files operations
- open a file
- upload a new file
- upload a new version
- share a file with other people or a community
- search files
- move a file into trash
- move file into / out of a folder
- rename a file
- create a new folder
- rename a folder
- delete a folder
- Support functions in other apps.
- add Apache OpenOffice files to an activity
- create To-Do items
- create bookmark
- post a document to a blog
- search profiles